manually cleaning the print cartridges
If the printer is used in a dusty environment, a small amount of debris may
accumulate on the print cartridge contacts.
gathering cleaning supplies
You will need the following items to clean the print cartridges.
Distilled water (tap water may contain contaminants that can damage the print
Cotton swabs or other soft, lint-free material that will not stick to the print
Be careful not to get
ink on your hands or clothing
as you clean.
preparing to clean
1. Press the
button to turn on the printer, then raise the printer cover.
2. Remove the print cartridges and place them on a piece of paper with the
nozzle plate facing up.
Do not leave the print cartridges outside the printer for more
than 30 minutes.
1. Lightly moisten a cotton swab with distilled water and squeeze any excess
water from the swab.
2. Wipe the print cartridge copper contacts with the cotton swab.
Do not touch the print cartridge ink nozzles. Touching the
ink nozzles will result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical
1. clean only the copper contacts
Repeat this process until no ink residue or dust appears on a clean swab.
3. Insert the print cartridges in the printer, then close the printer cover.